2015 (old CV MAX) impeller and new CV1950 Taper lock bushing compatibility

Florin

Hello,
I have an old CV max system and needed to buy the new Baldor motor (2 PH, 5HP). Because the old Leeson motor had 1.125" shaft DIA and the new Baldor motor has .875" shaft did, I need also the new Taper-lock bushing. My question is if the new taper-lock is compatible with the old impeller, or I have to buy the new impeller as well?
Maybe somebody with the new CV-1950 system can help me. If necessary I can provide some measurements of the impeller interior / taper-lock bushing exterior diameter of the old system that I have(I couldn't find the measurements in technical documentation/manual)
Thank you.

Florin

Last edited:
I have the old CV Max (2017) and it uses a DODGE 120342 JA X 1 1/8-KW bushing for the Leeson motor.

Backtracking one tier back (Type JA) shows their page of other sizes and brands.

On that page is the 7/8" Dodge part.
https://www.mrosupply.com/bushings/118619_120338_dodge/

I'm pretty sure that is the part you need. For $15.67 at the moment it is worth the gamble to see if I'm right. If wrong you have a little paperweight to remind you not to trust internet advise. ;)

The part numbers etc should help you find a local supplier (probably a bearing shop would have them or can order them in) if you live in a bigger city that would be able to help.

Clearvue should be able to tell you what part number and possible suppliers you can get it from.

Hopefully that will help.

Pete

PS. If you haven't bought the motor yet you should consider getting a 3 phase and using a VFD (takes single phase and changes it to 3 phase) to drive it. That can be set up to soft start (several seconds to get up to speed) the motor which doesn't have the heat buildup the single phase motors have. Are you replacing the old motor because it is cooked? The other benefit is you can overspeed it a touch to 66hertz (10%) for a little extra flow when needed or slow it a little and reduce the noise. The Aussies did it to get North American flows with their 50hertz power.

Last edited:
I have the old CV Max (2017) and it uses a DODGE 120342 JA X 1 1/8-KW bushing for the Leeson motor.

Backtracking one tier back (Type JA) shows their page of other sizes and brands.

On that page is the 7/8" Dodge part.
https://www.mrosupply.com/bushings/118619_120338_dodge/

I'm pretty sure that is the part you need. For $15.67 at the moment it is worth the gamble to see if I'm right. If wrong you have a little paperweight to remind you not to trust internet advise. ;)

The part numbers etc should help you find a local supplier (probably a bearing shop would have them or can order them in) if you live in a bigger city that would be able to help.

Clearvue should be able to tell you what part number and possible suppliers you can get it from.

Hopefully that will help.

Pete

PS. If you haven't bought the motor yet you should consider getting a 3 phase and using a VFD (takes single phase and changes it to 3 phase) to drive it. That can be set up to soft start (several seconds to get up to speed) the motor which doesn't have the heat buildup the single phase motors have. Are you replacing the old motor because it is cooked? The other benefit is you can overspeed it a touch to 66hertz (10%) for a little extra flow when needed or slow it a little and reduce the noise. The Aussies did it to get North American flows with their 50hertz power.
Hi Pete,
Thank you so much for providing the source for the part, i looked into 120338 part specs and seems to match the old impeller bore size and #10 bolts pattern.
Florin

Last edited:
Back