Source of 8" Pipe and fittings for CV Max?

klipper

I have found a source of 6" ASTM 2729 in Davison, Michigan (Flint) called Genova Products which is a little more than an hour away, not too bad. The local Menard's stores have the lowest price on Sewer and Drain Fittings but no 6" ASTM 2729 in all of Michigan.

But I cannot find, as yet, any 8" ASTM 2729 or fittings for the inlet of my CV Max. I have searched this forum, and did not find any source information, but I did read several posts where people have found some 8" of some kind. I would be grateful if someone could point me to a source for a section of pipe and a 8-6-6 Wye or equivalent. A national source or a Michigan source would be great.

Failing that I was thinking of extending the rectangular section at the input to the cyclone with a wood fabricated section and then attach to 6" elbows obliquely to the rectangular wooden extension. Any comments, pro or con, would be welcome on this idea.
Dennis

I found 8" pipe at a wholesaler but it was sdr35, not the thin stuff. Heavy! It is almost 14' long.

As for the split, I asked the same question and you would want to have an 8x8x8 wye and then reduce to 6" immediately following the wye.

I ended up going with all metal in the end as I am in a commercial condo bay and I would have gotten roasted for using pvc and made to change to metal. If you want to make a trip to Calgary, Canada I'll sell ya my length of 8" pipe!:D

I would love to make the trip to Calgary, but I won't be able to make it before I want to get the system up and running. A good comment regarding SDR35, that would be an option if I could find it. I haven't given up surfing the web yet, so there is still hope.

Thanks for the reply.

My Answer

My Answer

Well I finally gave up looking for 8" Sewer and Drain Pipe. I bought a short piece of 8" spiral pipe and a reducing pant wye (8-6-6). The 8" pipe fit nicely into the CV Max with just a little crimping, but the 6" side didn't mate to the 6" ASTM 2729. Before I found the spiral pipe I had started making my own reducing wye out of .....WOOD, with a long radius curve and smooth walls. It was a fun little project and it works great. I will post some pictures when the installation is finished.

If anyone is interested in how I designed and built it, send me a note.

Back